Monday, April 2, 2012

Diet Log - Lunch

I like to eat a lot and hence used to be a little chubby. I'm not exactly fat but my friends would teased me and stuff. I know that they didn't mean it but nonetheless I find it offensive and hurtful at times so I decided to be a little proactive this year.

The reason I'm starting the Diet Log is to track my progress.

I started my diet this year - January 2012. Well it is not really "diet" kind of diet but the combined method of eating healthy and exercising. It is really a simple concept but there are really many misleading information in the market that stopped me from slimming down but now that I know the "secret" I lost 5kg. That's a lot of fat in it but still not sufficient. Some of the useful resources that I find is Sixpackshortcuts on Youtube (Now I find Insanehomefatloss channel more practical since I have a hectic lifestyle) and Dukan diet.

The following is what I had today.

























Well this is not exactly what I always eat. I had a heavy breakfast(LOL) I would have two instead of one and one slice of multi grain bread with butter. The portion looks small but it is really filling (No joke) The idea is to trick your body that you have eaten alot!

Preparation:
1)Eggs. This is really simple. Just let your water boil and off it when it is bubbling. Do not throw in your eggs when it is bubbling as the heat will cause the shell to crack! Gently place the eggs in the hot water with a ladle or something. Wait for around 5-7mins for it to cook. Cracked in a plate and scoop out the egg white and stuff on the shell. Add salt/soya sauce and pepper.

2) Heinz honey garlic chicken thighs.
The one is actually quite easy to prepare. Buy those pack of raw chicken thighs. (I bought mine from NTUC. Trim away the skin and fats then marinate with a pinch of salt, soya sauce, sesame oil or just randomly add stuff you ca find in the kitchen (most of the time it turn out good) and last but not least some sauce (I used a tablespoon of Heinz honey garlic sauce for the large slice of thighs. I bought the sauce from NTUC too) Leave it for 5 mins or something for the flavour to penetrate the meat but I like buying in like 2big slices and cut them into 4(4meals) and store it in fridge. Then with an oven just bake it or if you have happycall you can cook it with it too.

3)Guava (I bought it from NTUC too! Heh) It's quite cheap, $3 for two medium size guava. Skin it and cut it. Remove the seeds if you want.


Misconception #1
Eggs with egg yolk is fattening and high in cholesterol. Wrong! Eggs are fat burners! They help in boosting metabolism and burn fat! You should read up on it. However, do not eat more than 2 eggs a day, it will then be too much for the body to take unless you're a bodybuilder that needs lot of protein and stuff.

Misconception #2
Carbohydrate is bad. Wrong! Not all carbohydrate is bad and carbohydrate is actually quite important in the diet as it makes us feel full and energizes us. For instance brown rice and multi grain bread are good sources of carbohydrate. We should try to eat less of white bread and white rice and starch in them is converted into sugar and may spike our insulin which prevent us from burning fat.


Why fruits?
Some people hate fruits but honestly fruits are the best for our fat loss diet. Remember I mention about tricking the body into thinking we ate alot? Fruits are high in fibre and low in calories. Hence, we can eat a lot and not get fat. Beware of fruits that are high in sugar though. Fruits like bananas and mango is high in sugar and should be eaten in moderation. (They of course have some benefits)

My white guava is kinda low in sugar as it is not that sweet compared to red guava and it is low in calories. (100g - approx. 50calories.) You can eat as much as you want. You should choose fruits that you really like! I myself do not like all fruits. I love guavas from thailand, fuji apples and korean strawberries. Choose a fruit you enjoy eating so that this diet can last!

I hope my first entry helped. Remember to exercise 3 times a week! I shall touch on the exercises the next entry or something and more on my meals too.

Remember this basic rule:

Input(consumption) less than (<) Output (exercise) = Weight loss.

In order to lose 1 kg of fats, you need to burn 3850 calories.


No comments:

Post a Comment