Monday, April 16, 2012

Sugar Cravings Experiment

Sugar cravings may be due to stress or probably just the easy ability of all the good stuff in your fridge and cabinets (Heh!) Sugar cravings are additive in some serious cases, it is like addiction to drugs.

Some ways to stop these cravings:

1) Exercise more! Regular exercise boost energy level reducing need for sugar for a perk!
2) Eat meals regularly. Hunger might lead to you to crave sweet stuff. Incoporate proteins, vitamins and other nutrients in your diet for your body needs.
3) Get enough sleep! Having recharge ups your energy level instead of using sugar to drive you on.

Here's an article from Dr. Frank Lipman for more on sugar craving and addictions. Read the article here

I usually eat a lot of fruits and drink water to stop this craving which works all the time but this time round I decide to answer this craving with sweets. Here is my sugar cravings experiment. What if we answer to this cravings?! How would we feel? Random grabbing of sweet stuff in my fridge!
























I ate 2 Kinder Bueno bars with one thick slice of peppermint ice cream.

























Yum! creamy and cooling peppermint ice cream goes well with the sweet hazel nut cream and the chocolate waffle. I wanted to have 2 bowls but I stopped at one because it is really way too sweet.

Results:

1) Satisfaction! Having eaten one bowl of sweet tricks is the best feeling in the world!
2) Slight feeling of guilt but I have a workout tomorrow so it's fine. Besides, today is cheat day!
3) I should probably stick to my fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment