Thursday, August 9, 2012

Harry Potter Exhibition @ The Art Science Museum

This is gonna be my first semi food related post. I'm gonna talk about the exhibition too. With all the politics going on, I'm still gonna wish Singapore a very happy 47th birthday. This is the place I grew up with my homies. Haha.


Anyway, a special post for the special day.

My friend and I visited the exhibition yesterday. There weren't much people present. Like around 20 or so.

Art science museum: Nearest MRT - Bayfront Station

























Discount for Singaporeans - $20 per adult. Just present your IC when you buy at the ticketing booth.
























Flying Ford Anglia at the entrance. This is the enchanted car that Ron stole from his dad to rescue Harry. I feel like rewatching all the Harry Potter series again.
























The place was dark and along the passageway we can see Ron, Harry and Hermione lit on the wall.

That was all the pictures I'm allowed to take. I can't take any pictures once I entered the exhibition because I will be sent to Azkaban.

I shall talk about a few memorable things in the exhibition:

1)The first was the Hogwarts train. The train was really cool with the smoke effect. I really wish I could take a picture. Now, taking a train from the King's Cross station shall be on my bucket list.

2) The next was sitting on Hagrid's ginormous chair in his hut.

3) Next was pulling the mandrakes out the pot. They make the most shrieking and annoying sound ever but it is still pretty cool.

4) The last one is looking at the food at the Great Hall, together with all the cool treats that the Weasley's Wizard Wheezes sells. I want to eat the dummies. Lol. At this point I really wish that I can visit Universal Orlando or the Warner Bros. Studio.

The timed exhibition is an hour but we were done with it in 20 minutes or so, scrutinizing most items. We ended up spending more time in the shop. Haha.


























I bought the Elder wand for $75 out of impulse. This is the wand that Dumbledor used. Pretty tempted to buy the Malfoy's wand.

































Pretty sick.
























Until I realized that the replica is made in China. Still, it is cool.




















































The Elder Wand - 15 inches long and has a Thestral tail-hair core. Made out of Elder wood. Nah. This is made of resin and is actually heavier than expected.



































The details are pretty cool.



Moving on to the candies I bought. I actually bought 3 packs of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Bean at $6 each. This is quite a small pack though. 2 packs for my friends.

I was pretty stoked to do a review on them!


























A closer look at the flavors available.
























I really love the detail on the box. Cool.


























Here are all the jelly beans in the pack. I got 1 black pepper, 1 green apple, 2 tutti-frutti, 1 candyfloss, 1 watermelon, 5 earthworms, 4 vomit, 3 dirt, 2 grass, 2 booger, 2 blueberry, 2 sausages, 2 rotten eggs, two earwax, 3 soap.

Yes it is not EVERY flavor beans. he ones that I don't have in my box are banana, cherry, cinnamon, marshmallow and lemon. Kinda disappointing because I don't have the yummy flavors! What's with all the dirt, vomit and earthworms!



























From left to right, earthworm, vomit and dirt.

Earthworm: I don't know how earthworms taste like but these taste like herbs. While chewing these, I feel like I'm eating the earth. Earth flavor I guess.

Vomit: It is kinda of like sweet and sour veggie chemical like flavor. Weird. I guess someone regurgitated after eating sweet and sour fish with vegetables.

Dirt: This one is kinda like the earthworm. Herb tasting but a different kind of herb I guess.

I think the sweets are not really made of herbs because it is not under the ingredients. Artifical flavoring I guess.

























Left to right: Grass, Booger, Blueberry.

Grass: Tasted like grass initially but after several chews, tasted like regular sugary jelly beans.
Booger: Tasted like ginseng initially, slowly losing the taste after several chews.
Blueberry: I like this one. Tasted like regular blueberry jellybeans. Yum!
























Left to right: Tutti frutti, earwax, green apple.

Tutti-frutti: Kinda fruity but at some point, it smell kinda of like my grandma's ointment which is pretty strange.

Earwax: Omg this is disgusting. I spat out. I don't know how to describe it but it is a strange chemical smell that makes me feel nausea.

Green apple: Awesome green apples.
























Left to right: Watermelon, black pepper, Soap.
Watermelon: Regular watermelon chew.

Black pepper: This is pretty strange. This has a ground pepper taste. Kinda of like you are chewing on some black pepper chicken chops and then you eat jellybeans at the same time. There is still a lingering peppery taste after I finished the bean.

Soap: It has a dishwashing liquid smell, kinda of like mama lemon but it is not bitter at all. It is like I'm drinking soap.

























Candyfloss, sausage, rotten eggs.

Candyfloss: This is my favorite flavor in the pack. Absolute delight to have at least an amazing bean in the pack.

Sausage: Has a slight sausage taste initially but for some reason, after a few chews, tasted like grass jelly. Haha.

Rotten egg: Spat this one out too. Tasted like the earwax flavor. Horrible!


Creativity Rating: 5/5
Taste rating: 1/5

These are nasty beans!  Out of curiosity, I tried this one out. I actually feel kinda of sick after eating them. If these aren't Harry Potter food, I would never have eaten them. Not gonna try them again.


It is a pity that the shop only sells Chocolate frogs and Every Flavor Beans. I would love to try butterbeer and rest of the candies if I have the chance. The chocolate frogs are also selling at $6, which is not really worth it. Kinda of like a super small regular milk chocolate with rice crisp in the shape of the frog with a wizard card.

1 comment:

  1. Adding 10 new flavors to the mix:
    5 good flavors: Island punch, wild blackberry, cake remix, mixed berry smoothie, 7up
    5 bad flavors: Toothpaste, moldy cheese, baby wipes, dog food, skunk spray (all from Beanboozled)

    ReplyDelete