Sunday, September 9, 2012

Softie in My Lolly @ VivoCity

Softie in My Lolly, located at level 2, outside the Golden Village. I would say this is a good strategic spot, to get some long liquorice strips before entering the cinema. I like how they give out free samples to try and the staff is really friendly.


I had never tried the traditional liquorice before but I heard it is a love/hate candy. You either love it or hate it to the core.

The liquorice when consumed at a larger amount (than the portion of the candy) , is beneficial for the health. One of benefits is that it facilitates removal of mucus from the lungs by coughing but it has a mild laxative effect.
























Each strip selling at $3.50, 3 strips at $10. My friend and I prefer the sour range so we mixed the two flavour and got them cut into two packs. We got the sour apple and sour lime-lemon strips.

The apple flavour has a sweet chewy tube like coating (liquorice) with sour powder sprinkled on it. The core is soft sour candy.

The sour lime one isn't as sour as the apple ones though. There is a mild lemon, lime taste liquorice but the middle soft candy is sweet.

Rating: 4/5

Overall, the candy is pretty addictive but a little pricey. If you had never tried candy like these before, you should! For full range of flavours, visit  Softie in My Lolly website.




No comments:

Post a Comment