*This is a review, I'm not sponsored by Neo Gardens!
Here was what we ordered:
Asian - Neo's Simplicity Package A $10.99*/$11.99 per Pax for 9 courses (Min:40 Pax)
1)1/2 Sin Chow Mee Hoon and 1/2 Thai Pineapple Rice (They allow us to split into two different dishes since we ordered more than 45pax )
2)Loh Han Vegetable
3)Sweet & Sour Fish
4)Curry Chicken (+ $0.50)
7)Mini Chocolate Puff
8)Almond Jelly W Longan
The online ordering experience is pretty good. The customer service is really good - I called to enquire about the warmers and stuff and the sales person that called me to confirm the buffet is patient and friendly
- Complete table layout with skirting and warmers
- Full set of disposable wares & serviette provided
- Transportation fee of $45 per trip (Free for 60 persons and above per trip)
- An additional surcharge of $5 will apply for delivery to offshore areas (Sentosa and Jurong Island) and central area denoted by the first 2 digits of the postal code: Robinson – 01, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08; Marina Square – 03, 17; Orchard 22,23; Brash Basah 18, 19
- Buffet set-up at any landed property will be done at ground level
- Extra charges will be applicable for Buffet set-up on other levels of the landed property (Please note that we will not be held responsible for any damage during the set-up)
- Increment of order must be in multiple of 5pax
- Members’ price and promotion are applicable only for buffet orders confirmed at least 72 hours in advance. Prices are subjected to GST charge
- Food is best consumed within 3 hours We reserve the right to change the dish to another of equivalent value without prior notice, due to seasonality.
My mum likes the table set up because it is pretty neat with fake flowers.
Thai Pineapple Rice topped with chicken floss.
This dish was recommended by Neo Gardens and they mentioned that it goes well with the curry. The rice grains are not sticky. Raisins, peas,egg and other ingredients add to the texture of the rice. Not too salty and it does go well with the curry chicken gravy.
Sin Chow Mee Hoon. My relatives cleared a larger portion of thai pineapple rice than the bee hoon. Some plain tasting bee hoon with vegetables but it goes with the curry chicken.
Loh Han Vegetable
A mix of vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, fungus and more. Taste like those usual mix vegetables. A little green is good.
Sotong balls are pretty springy.
Sweet and sour fish.
They don't pour the sauce on top of the fried fish. Instead, they have two containers of sauce for us to dip. I like it this way, so that the fish don't turn out soft and soggy. It is slightly crispy and goes well with curry.
Spring rolls. I don't really like spring rolls but my mum wanted them. These were okay.
Curry chicken - recommended by Neo Gardens. One of my favouite. If you are ordering the buffet, be sure to order the curry chicken. I love the thick and fragrant coconut curry with tender chicken. Potatoes are soft. This was not overly spicy.
Mini chocolate puff - These puffs came chilled.
I love the chocolate center. Creamy and rich and sweet chocolate.
Almond Jelly with Longan. I have tasted better almond jelly but these were not that bad.
I am very satisfied with the customer service and they arrived earlier to get the set up ready by the time specified. Very good time management. Their food that came warm and the dessert chilled so kudos to that (This probably because their kitchen is located in the west side, which is pretty near my new house.) Warmers really kept the food warm throughout. I like how effort were put in from the decorations and skirtings to the garnishing.
Things to take note:
The prices are not inclusive of 7% GST.
You need to acknowledge the bill sent to your email account by replying through email or fax.
Food wise, average food but excellent curry. I guess it is pretty much the buffet standard. Definitely fresh ingredients. I recommend the curry chicken and chocolate puff.
You might want to check out their website here