Saturday, January 26, 2013

Ajisen Ramen

More Ramen back in Singapore! Sorry about posting too much Japanese food for the past 2 weeks. More variety next time!

It's the weekend. I visited the Ajisen outlet in Plaza Singapura with my friends.

Address: 68 Orchard Road #04-01 Plaza Singapura
Tel: 68370191

Check out Ajisen's menu here.

























I decided to try the Shouyu Cha Shu Noukou Ramen set meal - $14.90.  Comes with an ala carte side dish and a cup of drink (green tea/ iced lemon tea) Complimentary drinks comes with the meal in Tokyo but sadly Singapore doesn't.

Anyway, this bowl of Ramen is pretty good. Perhaps because I was so hungry I can faint.

I love the rich soup base with sweetness of pork bones. The only flaw is that it is a little oily but nonetheless appetizing.

Cha Shu was not exactly tender, feels like leftovers that have been cooked twice and hence slightly tough. I was hoping for a semi cooked tamago but sadly no.

Ramen was well cooked and goes well with nori and soup.


























Gyoza (5 pieces). The skin are pretty soft. I prefer crispier ones.

























This is chicken cutlet with egg mayonnaise. Very crispy and tender meat.

























Baby octopus was quite big. Yum.


Overall, I think Ajisen is not the best I have tasted but it is still pretty decent food. The plus point is probably the slightly lower price compared to other outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment