Friday, January 18, 2013

Chiyoda Sushi - 持ち帰りすし
























Chiyoda sushi offers takeaway sushi. Check out their website here. There are a few outlets but we visited the one in Yanaka, Tokyo. About 4-5 minutes walk from the Yanaka station.
























I love the thoughfulness of the shopkeeper. She offered to help me pack my sushi first while I'm digging for coins. The plastic bag was taped down nicely so that the box of sushi will not slide around.

The weather was really cold like a huge freezer so I actually when shopping around with this box of sushi. (No problem)
























Sushi set - 490yen (approx $7) Soy sauce packaging is really nice.




















My pack of sushi still look nice even after travelling for quite a bit. I mentioned in the Sushizanmai post that Japanese put wasabi in all the pieces of sushi so it is convenient to eat. (Unless of course you don't like wasabi)

These sushi tasted really good. I have never tried a squid sushi. I saw videos of dancing squid after pouring the soy sauce due to the acid content but this is fine. Haha. The squid is pretty crunchy, and squishy.































Chiyoda sushi is cheaper than eating at the sushi bars. Do try it when you are in Tokyo!

No comments:

Post a Comment