Sunday, June 30, 2013

Itacho Sushi & Jika Udon @ Jcube

Itacho Sushi & Jika Udon is located on level 2 of Jcube. My friend and I queued for around 45mins before we entered the restaurant. While waiting, we came up with reasons why the queue was so long:

1) The food is really delicious
2) The food is really cheap
3) The shopfront is small
4) Service is slow

Moving on to the food.


Roasted salmon roll $3.80 (Itacho Sushi menu)

I think that it tasted ordinary and it is way overpriced. 4 large fish roes with a slice of torched salmon, some rice with asparagus in the middle of it.


Steam egg with crab $4.20 (Itacho Sushi menu)

I really love this one. Soft steamed egg with a layer of crab on top of it. It feels like I am eating shark fin soup and Chawanmushi at the same time. In the middle of the steam egg was a crab stick. It is a little pricey but it is pretty worth it.



Passionfruit green tea $2.50 (Jika Udon menu)

Moving on to the Jika Udon Menu.  The passionfruit green tea is good. Not too sour so you can taste the passionfruit and green tea as well. The pearls are super soft and chewy.


Udon with cod fish roes (Cold) - $10.50  (Jika Udon menu)

I was feeling adventuorous so I decided to try something different on the menu. To my horror, it is the complete opposite to how it looks. The worst udon I have ever eaten in my life. The noodles were half cooked and it is so tough. The cod fish roe were mixed with so much mayonnaise and it is cloying. I feel that it was too much for me to take after 2 mouthful. Times like this made me feel like I should stick to my comfort zone.

To sum it up, I think there are certainly nice food from the menu. I suggest you do a little bit of research before going there to eat so that you will not be as disappointed as I did.

Regarding the reasons why I think the queue was long, it has to be 2 and 4. The cashier was moving at a snail pace. There were only 2 person in front of us but we waited for 5 minutes to pay up.

No comments:

Post a Comment