Sunday, June 16, 2013

Tze Char @ Foodclique

Having some Tze Char with a group of friends at Jurong East Foodclique. I guess it is like a sort of tradition to try Tze Char at least once in your lifetime in Singapore. Having 7-8 dishes to go with your meal is like a banquet.

The dishes are of three sizes, small, medium and big and varies between $10-35 for each dish.

























Salad prawn

I hate peeling prawns because I am lazy that way so this one is pretty awesome. Easy to eat with no shells. It is actually a lot of mayonnaise with fried prawns. The prawns are a little overcook though. Cherry tomatoes makes it taste less oily.
























Prawn paste fried chicken - 虾酱鸡

It looks like an ordinary fried chicken but it actually very delicious in my opinion. Crispy skin with super juicy chicken it in. (seriously juicy) Very smooth, tender and well marinated.
























Oyster egg omelette. This one is not like those oyster omelette I usually eat. There is no flour to make the sticky layer with egg (which is what I love about oyster omelette) However, there are a lot of big and fresh oysters hidden in it. Delicious but I think it will definitely taste better with a crispy layer of egg and soft chewy layer of flour.
























Sambal Fried Kang Kong

This is the usual must eat in a Tze Char store. I love sambal kang kong! Really goes well with rice and I really love the smoked taste.
























Venison meat

The sauce and it really goes well with the rice. I had tasted deer's meat before and for those who haven't tried it, the texture of the meat is in between chicken and pork. It is tender and slightly springy.
























Fried tofu (I forgot the actual name of the dish)

This one doesn't taste like tofu. It tasted more like fish cake with some vegetable flakes in it. Nugget size tofu dipped in mayonnaise. I like fish cake so this one is pretty good.
























Coffee ribs

It is the first time I am eating coffee ribs. It feels like I am eating dessert and main course at the same time. The meat is springy, coated with a sweet layer of coffee. It is kinda like drinking coffee with the sweet caffeine smell in my mouth.

It is a treat by my friends so I don't really know the exact price for each dish. The total was for $128.40 for 7 dishes and a medium size soup. There is 7 of us so it cost less than $19 per person.

I think this Tze Char is pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment