Saturday, August 2, 2014

Amirah's Grill @ Bugis

My very first time trying out Mediterranean food in a restaurant. I usually get my kebab along the streets. This place is located in one of the night spots in Singapore. Pretty lively here with a lot of foreigners and locals to be seen chilling. 

Amirah Grill's is located along the Bussorah Street. A 10-15 minutes walk from the Bugis MRT station, exit B. 

Address: No. 14 Bussorah Street, Singapore (199435)

For more information, you can check out their website. There is a map available on their site to locate their restaurant.



Turkish Kebab Set - $21.90

The rice is well cooked, not too moist nor too dry. The aroma of the spices filled my mouth as I chewed on the grains. Chicken Kebab was tender and juicy. However, the gravy was a tad too watery and the chicken tasted a little bland for me. I was hoping for a stronger flavour to them.  Carrots and cauliflower were the usual stir fry.

The portion looks small but it is definitely filling. Overall it tasted good.




Sharwama - $14.90 

It is my first time trying a beef Sharwama with hummus dip and some french fries. I absolutely love hummus - I think it goes well with everything, especially fries. The beef was a little too dry and hard to chew. I don't know how it is supposed to taste like maybe it was meant to be like that, I don't know.


 Cairo Fresh Lemon Juice - $4.60

Fancy name but it just tasted like lemonade to me.


Amirah's Grill is a double storey restaurant so we had some fun exploring upstairs. You can see they served buffet but the food seemed a little cold so we decided not to have them. 



Nice ambiance, great for family and friends gathering.


Slouching on the couch and staring at the ceiling. It was so cosy I nearly fell asleep.


Looking down on the streets.


Overall, I think Amirah's Grill serves decent food so if you like to have some Mediterranean food, you can give it a go. Excellent ambiance, a good place to chill on a friday night. Prices are slightly expensive but value for money for the exoticness of food and great ambience. Food took a while to serve, around 10-20 minutes. (Depending on the crowd ) 

PS: If possible, get your seats on level 2 as the air-con is cooler and it is more cosy upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment