Monday, May 29, 2017

iHerb Top 15 Healthy Must Buy - New Edition

New hauls from iHerb this year! For those who are new to iHerb, you can check out my 1st post to know the advantages of buying from iHerb. Basically, save on shipping fees and middle man fees when you buy directly from the US. The following are my recent favorite items:

1) Barbara's Bakery, Cheese Puffs, JalapeƱo

I highly recommend these! This is the real deal - made with real aged blue & cheddar cheese and non-GMO corn. It is not as scary as it sounds. (blue cheese) Just a better version of our childhood snack Twisties, with a hint of Jalapeno, without those chemicals you can't pronounce. It is not really that spicy and very addictive! A great snack for your cheat day.



2) Great Lakes Gelatin Co., Collagen Hydrolysate (Beef)

As we all know, our body natural collagen (cartilage/bones/skin) starts to deplete during our mid twenties, this consumable gelatin helps to build connective tissue structures to support the functions of the cells.  I love this more than beef hide gelatin as it does not harden into jello. It dissolves well in cold water as when and I always add them in my fruit juices and blends. I noticed it really helps my joints and I can feel that my skin complexion is getting better.


3) KIND Bars, KIND Bars, Nuts & Spices, Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt

After trying out several brands of energy bars such as Lara Bars/ Quest Bars/ Combat Crunch, I find that these are one of the more great tasting natural bars out there. If you love nuts like I do, you will love KIND bars. Only 5g of sugar, 7g of fiber and 6g of protein that kept me full if I am really busy and have no time for a full meal. With this bar is my bag, it prevents me from eating unhealthy snacks within my sight.


4) Lily of the Desert, Organic, Aloe Vera Juice, Inner Fillet

For a while I have been suffering from poor digestion and acid reflux. Feeling nausea in the morning and experiencing constant bloating after meals. Then, I found this miracle Aloe Vera Juice. I saw the improvement in a few days. Over 2-3 weeks, even when I stopped consuming it, my stomach was so much better. Taste wise, it wasn't exactly super pleasant (unlike the sugar loaded aloe vera juice we have in the mart) but it was good enough for me to swallow 2 tablespoons every morning. 


5) Mad Hippie Skin Care Products, Vitamin C Serum, 8 Actives

This product really helped fade my acne scars a lot. Like really. Of course it is not all magical. It took me like 3 to 6 months to really see the results. My pores seemed to have shrink as well. It is not the cheapest products out there but it is worth its price. It comes with a dropper which is great so I can control how many drops of these precious serum I need on my skin. I am on my second bottle so I highly recommend it!


6) Muscletech, Nitro-Tech, Whey Isolate + Lean Muscle Builder, Cookies and Cream, 2.00 lbs

This is one of the best tasting protein shake I ever had plus it dissolves well. The company claimed that their formula is 70% Better Than Regular Whey Protein for Gains in Lean Muscle. If I were to buy again, I would choose the Vanilla version as it is more versatile if you want to try different flavors everyday (Like with different fruits or greens). I find that you can't combine and change much taste wise for Cookies and Cream. Nonetheless, it is still delicious.


7) Natrol, MSM with Glucosamine Creme

For those who play sports, this glucosamine cream is a must! I remember having a very bad knee and I can hear the pop sound when I bend my joints. This creme works wonders. The plus point is it only cost about 11 bucks so it is super affordable.


8) Panda Licorice, All Natural Blueberry Licorice

I hated licorice when I was younger. I remember getting excited when my parents bought me these and utterly disappointed after the first bite. Now as I am getting older, (and wiser hopefully) my taste preferences changed. Like how I grew to like red beans, green onions and kimchi, I started to like the taste of Licorice. These licorice from Panda are so good. A great substitute for sugar. They have other great flavors like Raspberry, you should try them if you don't hate the taste.


9) Traditional Medicinals, Herbal Teas, Organic Spearmint, Caffeine Free

I first get to know about spearmint tea when I was researching about hormonal imbalance. I am always having a bad break out (at least 5 to 6 pimples) when my period is nearing that I was so stressed out (more pimples!) I drink this every few days and I only have like 1 or 2 mild pimples on my skin. I was really impressed with the results. Apparently studies shown that drinking 2-3 cups a day of spearmint can reduce androgen levels and hirsutism, excessive body hair. It helps regulate hormones and tastes refreshing.



10) Y.S. Eco Bee Farms, 100% Certified Organic Raw Honey

After reading so much good stuff about raw honey such as its amazing nutrient content and how it promotes sleep, I decided to try this. The thing about raw honey is that its consistency is more towards a paste than syrup. You will need to add a little bit of water and stir it up a little to get the consistency of the honey we find in supermarkets. I had a really bad sore throat once and I made honey lemon with these and I woke up okay the next morning. (though my throat still feels sandy but I no longer feel pain when I swallow)

Read more benefits of raw honey here: Dr Axe



If you like my recommendations, feel free to use my discount code MDC242 to get 5% off your first order or click here to get to iHerb!


No comments:

Post a Comment